Dragon Fruit Ice Cream is an option if you have dragon fruit but are confused about what to make it because you are bored if you eat it directly. The fresh and soft taste combined with this attractive pink color will definitely make you excited again.
Dragon fruit itself is a term for red fruit with black spots like a dragon. This fruit comes from several types of cacti from the genera Hylocereus and Selenicereus and is cultivated in Asian and American countries.
Dragon fruit has several colors, namely red and white. Red dragon fruit as a fruit that has many benefits to help overcome and help cure various diseases. Starting from dragon fruit stems, dragon fruit flesh, to dragon fruit skin also has a lot of vitamins and substances that are very useful.
This fruit can be enjoyed immediately, but if you are bored, it never hurts to try to make ice cream. Well, here we provide the Dragon Fruit Ice Cream recipe for you.
Dragon Fruit Ice Cream
- 1 tbsp emulsifier
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 dragon fruit blender/chopped
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 5 tbsp cornstarch
- 700 ml full cream liquid milk
- Sugar to taste
- Melt the emulsifier using a double bowl system (just like melting chocolate blocks). You can do this by placing 2 pans, 1 pot filled with boiled water on the stove on top of a stainless steel pot/bowl that contains an emulsifier). Then cool to room temperature so that the emulsifier that was melted freezes again.
- Cook liquid milk, coconut milk with cornstarch & salt, cook on low heat until it explodes, let it cool.
- Mix the emulsifier and sweetened condensed milk on high speed until it expands and becomes thick white.
- Slowly add the milk mixture into the skim mixture, mix it until it becomes thick white and has doubled in size. Then add the dragon fruit and mix well.
- Finally, freeze it in the freezer overnight.
It will be very delicious if Dragon Fruit Ice Cream is enjoyed with Milk Date Pudding to increase your taste.