Since March 2019, all the latest iPad models have supported Apple Pencil, either the first or second generation. Apple Pencil has now become an integral part of the ecosystem and is one of the best styluses for iPad users.
This Apple Pencil offers ease of use and helps you make your iPad experience even more enjoyable. However, because the Apple Pencil is wireless, you must first know how to pair, unplug, or even charge the Apple Pencil in order to use it on your iPad.
How to connect Apple Pencil to iPad
To use Apple Pencil to iPad, you must first pair it with your iPad. Therefore, after checking Apple Pencil’s compatibility with your iPad, charge your Apple Pencil first and then follow the steps below to be able to connect it.
Apple Pencil 1st Generation
- Unlock your iPad and remove the Apple Pencil cover.
- Connect the Lightning connector to your iPad’s Lightning port.
- Now, tap on Pair.
Apple Pencil 2nd Generation
- Unlock your iPad.
- Attach Apple Pencil to the magnetic stripe on a supported iPad.
- Next, tap Connect.
There are times when you can’t connect your Apple Pencil to the iPad. Therefore, you can follow the following methods to solve the problem.
- If you’re using an Apple Pencil (2nd Generation), make sure to place it properly on your iPad’s magnetic connector.
- Try Restarting your iPad, then pairing it again using the steps above.
- Make sure your Bluetooth is on.
- Disconnect and connect your Apple Pencil again.
- Tap Pair a few seconds after the pop-up appears.
How to Charge Apple Pencil
- For Apple Pencil 1st Gen. Unscrew your Apple Pencil.
- Now, connect the Lightning connector to the iPad’s lightning port. Or you can charge faster using your iPad’s Lightning adapter.
As for charging the 2nd Gen Apple Pencil, simply attach your second-generation Apple Pencil to the magnetic strip. You’ll get a notification showing your Apple Pencil’s current battery percentage.
You should know that Apple Pencil can usually last up to 30 minutes after being charged for 15 seconds. However, it is recommended to charge it for at least 5-10 minutes if the battery level is below 20%.