Scotch Egg is a delicious snack made from meat or sausage and eggs which is one of the menus that are present during a picnic. The texture is crispy and crunchy because of the bread flour and on the inside, the savory egg makes a different taste sensation and will definitely make us addicted.
Not only that, but the way to make it is also easy and the ingredients are easy to find. Just mix ground beef or sausage with beaten eggs, flour, and spices such as garlic, pepper, and salt. This meat dough will be used to wrap whole boiled eggs. Then wrapped in breadcrumbs and fried until cooked.
Curious? Let’s just make Scotch Eggs
- 4 boiled and peeled chicken eggs
- 2 eggs, beaten until soft
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cereal corn
- 7 ounces beef sausage
- Cooking oil
- Pepper, salt, and mustard to taste
- Place the flour and cereal corn in a separate container.
- Prepare 7 ounces of sausage, divide into quarters and then flatten one at a time. Add the hard-boiled egg then wrap it until it is evenly covered.
- Dip the scotch egg mixture into the egg, add it to the flour mixture, dip it back into the egg, then add it again to the cereal corn and roll until evenly distributed.
- Fry the scotch eggs until they are cooked, and look brown. Serve while warm.
Take a look at the following Taro Frappe recipe.